Slate of classes at new Hilton Head Island facility and beyond help students learn the fundamentals of golf.
In keeping with its mission to teach area youth the fundamentals of golf and build character through nine core values, The First Tee of The Lowcountry has announced its slate of Fall classes for students ages 7-18.
“Each class helps students strengthen a different area of their game, but more importantly it imparts the importance of character,” said The First Tee of The Lowcountry Executive Director Brady Boyd. “Our nine core values (Honesty, Integrity, Sportsmanship, Respect, Confidence,Responsibility, Perseverance, Courtesy and Judgment) are woven into every lesson, helping students learn the game of golf while gaining skills they’ll use their whole life – creating good golfers and better people.”
Fall classes begin the week of Sept. 10 and run through Oct. 29, with each class running from 4:30-6 p.m. on its scheduled day. Fall classes include:
Hilton Head Island
The First Tee of The Lowcountry Campus
- Monday: Par Level with lead coach Karen Ferree (Must be PLAYer Certified)
- Tuesday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Brad Taylor
- Thursday: Birdie Level with lead coach Jim Magruder (Must be Par Certified)
Hilton Head Lakes
- Tuesday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Bob Valentino
Eagle’s Pointe Golf Club
- Wednesday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Josh Daw
- Thursday: Par Level with lead coach Josh Daw (Must be PLAYer Certified)
Lady’s Island Country Club
- Monday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Nick Dunham
Sanctuary Golf Club
- Thursday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Nick Dunham
Ridgeland-Hardeeville High School
- Saturday: PLAYer Level with lead coach Bob Valentino
Interested students will be provided with golf clubs for use during class, but are welcome to bring their own if desired. A registration fee of $85 will cover a single 6-8 week class and will include a shirt, yardage book and bag tag to keep. Scholarships are available to qualified applicants. Registration can be found at https://www.thefirstteelowcountry.org/register.
For more information on programs, please contact Nick Dunham, Program Director at 843-686-2680.