November 27, 2012
Dear Hospitality Industry Employer:
It’s time to recognize an outstanding employee in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties for their exceptional service. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 Lowcountry & Resort Islands Tourism Commission’s Hospitality Employee of the Year.
The annual award program was developed in order to identify front-line staff that are exceptional and do an outstanding job in the performance of their duties. These employees must have worked forat least a year and must work directly with visitors to our area on a regular basis.
The winner of the Lowcountry & Resort Islands Tourism Commission Hospitality Employee of the Year award will be submitted, along with other regional winners, to be a contestant for theSouth Carolina Hospitality Employee of the Year award. The statewide winner will be named at the SC Governor’s Conference on Tourism and Travel in January, 2013 in Columbia.
Below are the nominating criteria and a nomination form. Any attachments substantiating the nomination, such as complimentary letters or comment cards from visitors, should be submitted with the nominee application form.
- Nominating Criteria
- Employee must be directly affiliated with nominating company/organization or be the winning nominee in a county-wide competition.
- Employee must work directly with visitors to SC area on a regular basis.
- Employee must display consistently outstanding service.
- Employee must project a positive image about his/her present company, property, attraction or event and the State of South Carolina.
- Employee must have worked for his/her present organization on a regular basis for at least one year prior to this nomination.
- Awards & Recognition
- The Lowcountry & Resort Islands Tourism Commission Hospitality Employee of the Year award winner will be presented a plaque and a $100 gift certificate. The winner will also receive recognition in our newsletter and press releases will be submitted to local media.
This awards program is coordinated and cosponsored by the:
South CarolinaAssociation of Tourism Regions (SCATR)
South CarolinaTravel and Tourism Coalition
South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism (SCPRT)
HOSPITALITY EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR NOMINEE ENTRY FORM
Deadline: Friday, December 14, 2012 Please use additional pages if necessary.
Name of Nominee: ______________________________________________________________
First Middle Last
Name of Business/Organization: ___________________________________________________
City State Zip Code
Nominee’s Telephone: Daytime: ____________________ Evening: ______________________
1. Briefly summarize nominee’s primary job responsibilities:
2. How long has nominee worked in present position? _________________
3. How many years has he/she worked in the hospitality industry? _________________
4. Briefly comment on nominees:
- Quality of work:
5. In general, why is this deserving of a Hospitality Award? What makes him/her outstanding?
- List specific examples in which nominee provided outstanding service on the job.
- State or attach comments, if any, you have received from the visiting public about this nominee.
- Outline any promotion or special commendations this nominee has received on the job.
- Please note any community-related activities in which this nominee was involved.
Person Making Nomination:
Name Business/Organization Title
Address Daytime Phone Date
Please return by Friday, December 14, 2012 to email@example.com or mail to P O Box 615, Yemassee, SC 29945. Questios? Call Peach Morrison at 843.717.3090.